Each Liquid filled capsule contains 0.3 ml cod liver oil which has-
- Vitamin A: 600 IU
- Vitamin D3: 85 IU
- Vitamin E: 0.3 IU
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA): 25 mg
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA): 30 mg
- For the betterment of healthy body, bone, teeth, and muscles. It is widely taken to ease the pain and joint stiffness associated with arthritis
- Promotes resistance towards cough, cold, chest and bronchial troubles. It has anti-thrombotic, anti-arrhythmic, anti-inflammatory, anti-hypertensive effects
- Decreases the triglycerides and increases HDL level
- Facilitates the normal growth, development and function of the central nervous system of fetus and infant
- Helps to prevent vitamin A & Vitamin D deficiency
- Pregnant women using Cod Liver Oil have infants with a lower risk for juvenile type 1 diabetes
Cod Liver Oil is one of the most effective providers of Omega-3 Fatty Acids, and an excellent source of Vitamin A and Vitamin D. It contains Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA: 18%) & Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA: 12%) which are been clinically proven to have positive effects on heart, bone, brain, health. They also help to nourish skin, hair, and nails.
Dosage & Administration
- Adults and children over 6 years: Take 1-2 capsule(s) 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children under 6 years: Only as professionally prescribed.
- Pregnant and lactating women: Take 1 capsule 3 times a day with meals.
- Infant: ½ tsf daily.
- Child (1-4 year): 1 tsf daily
- Child over 4 years: 1.5 tsf daily
The absorption of Cod Liver Oil may be reduced by taking barbiturates or anti-convulsants.
Hypervitaminosis of Vitamin A, D or E and hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients in this preparation.
Prolonged usage of large amounts can lead to hypervitaminosis symptoms of which include dry mouth, rough skin, painful joints swelling, fatigue, anorexia, loss of weight, vomiting and other gastrointestinal disturbances. These may disappear on discontinuation of supplementation.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Safety of amounts exceeding 6,000 Units of Vitamin A daily during pregnancy has not been established yet. The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin A is 5,000
Units for nursing mothers.
Units for nursing mothers.
Precautions & Warnings
The product has to be protected from light. Liver storage should be adequate before discontinuation of the therapy. Patients with chronic renal failure should be suggested Cod Liver Oil with caution.
When taken in large amounts, Cod Liver Oil can lead to complications including increased risk for hemorrhagic stroke and internal bleeding.
Specific combined vitamin preparations
Store in a cool and dry place protected from light and moisture.