Ebasten FT is indicated for the symptomatic treatment of:
- Seasonal and Perennial Allergic Rhinitis.
- Chronic Idiopathic Urticaria.
Ebastine is a long-acting and selective H1-histamine receptor antagonist. After repeated administration, inhibition of peripheral receptors remains at a constant level. Ebastine is rapidly absorbed and undergoes extensive first-pass metabolism following oral administration. Ebastine is almost totally converted to the pharmacologically active acid metabolite, carebastine.
Dosage & Administration
- Adults (more than 12 years of age): 10 mg (one tablet) once daily.
- Children (6-12 years of age): 5 mg (half tablet) once daily.
- Children (2-5 years of age): 2.5 ml once daily (upto 5 ml in severe cases such as Perennial Allergic Rhinitis).
- Children (6-12 years of age): 5 ml once daily (upto 10 ml in severe cases such as Perennial Allergic Rhinitis).
Ebasten FT in combination with either ketoconazole or erythromycin increases in plasma level of Ebasten FT and prolonged QTc interval. Ebasten FT does not interact with the pharmacokinetics of theophylline, warfarin, cimetidine, diazepam or alcohol. The sedation effect of alcohol and diazepam may be enhanced.
Patients with a known hypersensitivity to Ebastine or any of its ingredients.
The most common side-effects are headache, dry mouth and drowsiness. Less commonly reported side effects include abdominal pain, dyspepsia, nausea and insomnia.
No clinically meaningful signs or symptoms were observed up to 100 mg given once daily. There is no specific antidote for Ebasten FT. In case of accidental overdoses, gastric lavage, monitoring of vital functions including ECG and symptomatic treatment should be carried out.
Store below 30°C at a cool and dry place, away from light. Keep out of reach of children