Each 5 ml Ashokarista contains extracts of-
- Saraca indica 1.52 gm
- Terminalia chebula 15.15 mg
- Woodfordia fruticosa 0.24 gm
- Terminalia belerica 15.15 mg
- Nigella sative 15.15 mg
- Phyllanthus emblica 15.15 mg
- Cyperus rotundus 15.15 mg
- Mangifera indica 15.15 mg
- Zingiber officinale 15.15 mg
- Adhatoda vasica 15.15 mg
- Berberis aristata 15.15 mg
- Pterocarpus santalinus 15.15 mg
- Nymphaea lotus 15.15 mg
Ashokarista is indicated in Premenstrual syndrome, Menstrual irregularities, Dysmenorrhoea and Dysfunctional uterine bleeding.
Ashokarista is a poly-herbal formulation, combination with time tested selected medicinal palants having proven efficacy as uterine tonic. It has a stimulatory effect on the ovarian tissue that helps regularizing endogenous hormonal secretion, enhances the repair of the endometrium and thus controls abnormal uterine bleeding. Its antiinflammatory action has a healing effect on the uterus and its antispasmodic action alleviates pain.
- Saraca indica: It contains estrogenic compound ketosterol, catechol, organic Calcium compound, Sodium, Potassium, Phosphate, Magnesium, Iron, tannin etc. It has a stimulatory effect on the endomatrium & ovarian tissue and may produce an estrogen like effect that enhances repair of the endometrium and stops bleeding. It is useful in menorrhagia, dysmenorrhoea, leucorrhoea and internal bleeding.
- Woodfordia fruticosa: It contains octacosanol, b -sitosterol polystachoside, ellagic acid and polyphenols. Ellagic acid is known to have astringent and haemostatic properties and is useful in dysentery, diarrhoea, leucorrhoea and menorrhagia.
- Nigella sative: It is used in the treatment of menstrual & digestive disorders.
- Cyperus rotundus: It contains essential oils, rich amount of Cu, Mg, Mn and Ni etc. It relieves spasms and pain, acting mainly on digestive system and uterus. It is used in the treatment of digestive problems and menstrual complaints.
- Zingiber officinale: It has anti-inflammatory, antithrombotic, antiemetic, antilipid & antioxidant effects. Its antiinflammatory effect is thought to be due to inhibition of cyclooxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase resulting in reduced leukotriene and prostaglandin synthesis.
- Berberis aristata: It has antiinflammatory & antibacterial activities. It is used in menorrhagia and leucorrhoea.
- Nymphaea lotus: It is astringent, demulcent stomachic & restorative and is used in dysentery, diarrhoea, leucorrhoea & general debility.
- Terminalia chebula: It is stomachic, laxative, tonic etc. It has adaptogen and anti stress activity. It promotes digestive power and heals wound.
- Terminalia belerica: It contains tannin, b-sitosterol, gallic acid, ellagic acid etc. It is used in inflammations, bronchitis, asthma, dyspepsia etc.
- Phyllanthus emblica: It is highly nutritious and an important dietary source of vitamin C, minerals and amino acids. It is useful in hemorrhage, anaemia, and leucorrhoea.
- Mangifera indica: It is astringent, anthelmintic and used in diarrhoea, uterine hemorrhage and other discharges.
- Adhatoda vasica: It contains vasicine alkaloids and essential oil. It is a rich source of vitamin C and carotene. It has strong coagulant action, which is very useful to minimize blood loss and also possesses uterine stimulatory activity and acts as uterine tonic. It is also useful for the control of postpartum hemorrhage.
- Pterocarpus santalinus: It is astringent, antipyretic, diaphoretic and is used in inflammation, wound healing, vomiting and hemophilic disorders associated menstrual disorders.
Dosage & Administration
Adult: 1-2 teaspoonful 1-2 times daily after meal or or as directed by the physician.
Contraindicated during pregnancy.
Not yet known.
Herbal and Nutraceuticals
Keep all medicines out of reach of children. Store in a cool and dry place protected from light.