Eska CTC Powder for Solution
100 gm pack: ৳ 172.77
500 gm pack: ৳ 825.00
Also available as:
Chlortetracycline is indicated for gastrointestinal and respiratory tract infections caused by chlortetracycline sensitive bacteria, like Bordetella, Campylobacter, Chlamydia, E. coli, Haemophilus, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella, Rickettsia, Salmonella, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp., in calves, goats ... Read more
Chlortetracycline is indicated for gastrointestinal and respiratory tract infections caused by chlortetracycline sensitive bacteria, like Bordetella, Campylobacter, Chlamydia, E. coli, Haemophilus, Mycoplasma, Pasteurella, Rickettsia, Salmonella, Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp., in calves, goats, poultry, sheep and swine.
- US FDA approved antibiotic for oral use in poultry.
- Greater therapeutic value than OTC to prevent infectious synovitis in chicken.
- Gives synergistic action in the treatment of CRD/CCRD in combination with low dosage of THF(Tiamulin Hydrogen Fumarate).
- Attain therapeutic concentration immediately after administration and ensures quicker recovery of diseases.
- There is no common or important side effects reported with this medicine.
- Chlortetracycline (CTC) is one of the few antibiotics that can be used without any withdrawal period in chickens laying eggs intended for human consumption.
Chlortetracycline is used as an antimicrobial in veterinary therapeutics. As with other tetracyclines, it is a broad spectrum antibiotic with a wide range of bacteriostatic activity against both gm(-) and gm(+) bacteria. Chlortetracycline appears to act by inhibiting the binding of aminoacyl-tRNA to the mRNA ribosome complex, thereby preventing the bacterial protein synthesis.
Dosage & Administration
- For the treatment of other bacterial diseases of poultry: 125-250 mg per Kg body weight or 2.5 gm per litre drinking water for 7 days or 2-4 gm per Kg poultry feed for 5-7 days. To improve FCR, to increase weight & production of poultry: 50-100 gm per 100 Kg poultry feed regularly.
- For the treatment of Mycoplasmosis: 110-300 mg per Kg body weight or 1-3 gm per litre of drinking water for 7 days or 2 gm per kg of poultry feed for 7 days or 2.5 gm Tam-Vet powder and 1 gm Chlortetracycline Powder per Kg of poultry feed for 5-7 days.
- 5 gm Chlortetracycline Powder per 25 Kg body weight twice daily for 3-5 days.
Should not use with amino glycoside antibiotic.
Hypersensitivity to tetracyclines. Administration to animals with a serious impaired renal and/or liver function. Concurrent administration with bactericidal agents like penicillins, streptomycin.
Discoloration of teeth in young animals. Hypersensitivity reactions.
Precautions & Warnings
- For meat: Calves, goats and sheep: 8 days
- Poultry: 3 days.
Store in a cool & dry place. Protect from sunlight & moisture. Keep out of reach of children.