Relief of dry skin associated with contact dermatitis, senile pruritus, atopic dermatitis, ichthyosis & related dry skin conditions. It softens and hydrates skin. It is also a mild cleanser for dry, sensitive skin. It helps reduce dryness and leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth.
Scar creams typically have properties that reduce tension on the scar by:
- providing moisture to soften the upper layer of the skin,
- providing a protective barrier to retain moisture,
- helping cells to regenerate and remodel the connective tissue below the scar.
Dosage & Administration
Mederma Cream should be evenly applied and gently rubbed into the scar 3 times daily for 8 weeks on new scars, and 3 times daily for 3–6 months on existing scars. Also apply Mederma Cream to the scar before sun exposure. Children under 6 months of age: ask a doctor.
There are no known drug interactions and none well documented.
Patients with a history of hypersensitivity to any of the components of the preparation. Acne or greasy skin.
Skin irritation in people hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
Pregnancy & Lactation
Pregnancy Category C. Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus and there are no adequate and well-controlled studies in humans, but potential benefits may warrant use of the drug in pregnant women despite potential risks
Precautions & Warnings
- For external use only.
- When using this product keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
- Stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation develops and lasts.
- Do not use on open wounds.
Emollients & combined preparations