Zalain Vaginal Suppository
Unit Price: ৳ 1,150.00
Sertaconazole is an imidazole derivative and is a preparation that destroys fungi. The preparation is used in the local treatment of vaginal candidiasis, caused by fungi from the Candida family.
Dosage & Administration
- It is recommended to insert 1 egg deep into the vagina, in the supine position, in the evening, before sleep.
- If the clinical symptoms of the disease persist, another egg can be administered after seven days.
- It is recommended to use soap with a neutral pH for the systematic washing of the external genital organs.
- It is recommended to exclude factors that may contribute to the persistence of the infection (for example, the use of cotton underwear instead of synthetic clothes, excessive and aggressive vaginal hygiene is not recommended, etc.).
- In simultaneous infections of the genital labia and the adjacent surface, it is recommended to additionally use sertaconazole antifungal cream in the vulva and perianal region.
- The parallel treatment of the sexual partner must be considered in each specific case, individually - consult your doctor.
- If a condom is used during intercourse, the egg will be inserted after intercourse.
- The treatment can be used during menstruation.
- If the use of the egg causes irritation at the application site, it is recommended to discontinue the treatment.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
- Concomitant administration of sertaconazole and local spermicidal contraceptive preparations may reduce their spermicidal effect, therefore their concurrent use is not recommended.
- It is not recommended to use soaps with an acidic pH during the treatment period.
Do not use sertaconazole:
- If you are allergic to the active substance sertaconazole or any of the other components of this medicine
- If you are allergic to any antifungal preparation from the similar group (imidazole derivatives).
- If you use a latex condom or diaphragm at the same time (eggs can cause these contraceptives to break).
- Detection of fungi in the smear from the vagina, but without characteristic symptoms (burning sensation, vaginal itching, vaginal discharge) is not an indication for the use of this preparation.
Possible side effects Like other medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Rare adverse reactions:
- allergic reactions
- short-term local irritation reactions, such as burning sensation and vaginal itching. These reactions can also be caused by the decomposition effect of the destroyed pathogens, therefore they can also be a symptom of the effectiveness of the treatment.
Pregnancy & Lactation
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or intend to become pregnant, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine. Preclinical studies have shown that sertaconazole does not have any teratogenic or embryotoxic effects. The safety of the use of the drug in pregnant women has not been studied. That is why the preparation is administered only when the expected benefit for the mother exceeds any potential risk for the fetus. The safety of using the drug during breastfeeding has not been studied. The preparation is administered only if the expected benefit for the mother exceeds any potential risk for the infant. Before taking any medicine, consult your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Other Antifungal preparations
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Store at temperatures below 30°C. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date, which is written on the packaging after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of the respective month.