Multivitamin & Multimineral [A-Z for infanrs & childrens]
This preparation is mainly for the malnourished infants of 6 months and children up to 5 years of age to correct anemia, vitamin & mineral deficiency.
This formulation is available as 1 gm powder in sachet for daily intake. 1 gm sachet contains:
- Vitamin A (vitamin A acetate) 0.40mg
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 30 mg
- Vitamin D (cholecalciferol) 0.005 mg
- Vitamin E (alpha tocopherol) 5 mg
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine mononitrite) 0.50 mg
- Riboflavin (phosphate ester monosodium salt) 0.50 mg
- Niacin (niacinamide) 6 mg
- Pyridoxine (hydrochloride) 0.50 mg
- Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) 0.0009 mg
- Folic acid 0.150 mg
- Iron (ferrous fumerate) 10 mg
- Zinc (zinc gluconate) 4.10 mg
- Copper (cupric gluconate) 0.56 mg
- Selenium (sodium selenate) 0.017 mg
This is a special formulation comprisng of 15 necessary vitamins, minerals & trace elements from vitamin A to zinc.
Dosage & Administration
This multivitamin & multimineral preparation should be given infants & children after completion of 6 months of age upto 5 years, 1 gm sachat to be given daily mixed with usual foods. After mixing the powder, feeding should be completed within half an hour. To correct anemia, vitamin & mineral deficiency 60 sachets should be giver every child within 120 days. At a minimum interval of 6 months 60 sachets can be given repeatedly upto 5 years of age.
This preparation must not be given in the first 6 months of age. The children severely malnourished or sick and admitted in the hospital also should not be given in the first week of treatment.
No significant side-effects.
Pregnancy & Lactation
No data found
Precautions & Warnings
No more than 1 sachet to be given daily. This preparation should not be mixed with too hot (60°C) or too liquid food.
Multi-vitamin & Multi-mineral combined preparations