Saw Palmetto (160 mg)
Each soft gelatin capsule contains-
- Saw Palmetto Oil 160 mg
- Pygeum Bark Oil 1.7 mg
- Korean Ginseng 3.3 mg
- Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate 33.1 mg
- Copper Gluconate 2 mg
An advanced blend of minerals & herbs that can help a proactive approach to prostate health. Saw palmetto supports normal prostate function and healthy urinary flow. It contains Zinc which is required for normal reproductive function.
Saw Palmetto exerts anti-estrogenic activity, increases urinary fow rate; decreases residual urine; decreases painful urination; decreases nocturia; anti-infammatory activities by following possible mechanisms:
- Inhibits action of 5α-reductase, which catalyzes the metabolism of testosterone to DHT, due to the free fatty acid content of the fruit’s lipophilic extracts.
- Inhibits receptor binding of androgens.
- Inhibits noncompetitively human α 1-adrenoreceptors.
- Inhibits both the cyclooxygenase and lipoxygenase pathways in vitro
- Inhibits growth factors in vitro
- Binds selectively to and increases apoptotic index for prostate cells
Dosage & Administration
For Adult use only. Usual dosage is 1-2 capsules daily or as advised by the physician.
Saw palmetto might decrease the efects of estrogen in the body. Taking saw palmetto along with birth control pills might decrease the efectiveness of birth control pills.
Saw palmetto is not indicated for advanced BPH with severe urinary retention. It should not be used without frst ruling out prostate cancer.
Rare case of GI disturbance has been reported. Ingestion on an empty stomach may cause nausea. Hypertension was reported in 3.1% taking saw palmetto extract.
Precautions & Warnings
Saw palmetto might slow blood clotting. There is some concern that it might cause extra bleeding during and after surgery. Stop using saw palmetto at least 2 weeks before a scheduled surgery.
Use in Special Populations
Safety and efectiveness of Saw palmetto in pediatric population have not been established.
Herbal and Nutraceuticals
Store in a cool and dry place, below 30°C. Protect from light & moisture. Keep the medicine out of reach of children.