Calcium Carbonate [Algae source] + Vitamin D3
Each film coated tablet contains-
- Calcium Carbonate (Algae Source) BP 1250 mg equivalent to elemental Calcium 500 mg.
- Vitamin D3 200 IU as Cholecalciferol USP.
- Treatment of osteoporosis, rickets, osteomalacia, tetany and hypoparathyroidism
- In pregnancy and lactation due to increased demand
- In kidney disease and pancreatitis
- During therapy with antiseizure medications
- The prevention and treatment of Calcium and Vitamin D3 deficiency
Specific mineral & vitamin combined preparations
This is combination of Calcium (Algae Source) & Vitamin D3. Calcium (Algae Source) is an essential element and plays vital role in the body. It makes body's framework stronger by building bones. Clinical evidence suggests that calcium is useful for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis and associated fractures. Vitamin D3 is also essential for healthy bones as it aids in calcium absorption from the Gl tract. In addition to this it stimulates bone formation. Controlled clinical studies show that Calcium and Vitamin D3 have synergistic effects on bone growth as well as in osteoporosis and fracture prevention.
Dosage & Administration
Usual adult dose: 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet at night. Tablet should be taken orally.
- Calcium salts reduce absorption of bisphosphonates, ciprofloxacin, fluorides, iron, levothyroxine, tetracycline and zinc
- Absorption of calcium salts is reduced by corticosteroids
- Increased risk of hypercalcemia when Calcium and Vitamin D3 given with thiazides and related diuretics
- Hypocalcemia and hypercalciuria
- Metastatic calcification
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of Calcium and Vitamin D3 preparation
Common side effects of Calcium and Vitamin D3 may include an irregular heartbeat, nausea, dry mouth, weakness, headache, a metallic taste in mouth, muscle or bone pain and drowsiness. Rare side effects are high amount of Calcium in blood, constipation, diarrhoea, loss of appetite.
Pregnancy & Lactation
During pregnancy & lactation: Calcium and Vitamin D3 should be used considering the risk-benefit ratio.
Precautions & Warnings
Caution should be taken in patients with renal impairment, sarcoidosis, hypercalcemia and hypercalciuria.
Use in Special Populations
Not recommended for children under 12 years.
At high doses it may result in nausea, vomiting, dizziness, anorexia, abdominal cramps, headache, constipation etc. Treatment includes cessation of therapy & adequate rehydration.
Store below 30°C and away from light & moisture. Keep out of the reach of children.