Calcium Carbonate + Vitamin D3 + Multimineral
Each film coated tablet contains-
- Calcium Carbonate equivalent to 600 mg elemental Calcium
- Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 200 IU
- Magnesium Oxide equivalent to 40 mg Magnesium
- Manganese Sulfate Monohydrate equivalent to 1.8 mg Manganese
- Cupric Oxide equivalent to 1 mg Copper
- Boron Citrate equivalent to 250 mcg Boron
- Zinc Oxide equivalent to 7.5 mg Zinc.
This preparation is indicated in-
- Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis
- To maintain strong bone growth
- For proper functioning of heart, muscle and nerves
- As nutritional supplement
- For bone development and regeneration of bone
- Pregnancy & lactation
- Deficiency state of Calcium, Vitamin D3, Magnesium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese & Boron
Specific mineral & vitamin combined preparations
Nutrition is the most important to prevent osteoporosis and other bone related diseases. Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin D3 are the macronutrients for bone. Without Vitamin D3 very little Calcium is absorbed. Like Calcium, Magnesium increases bone strength and rigidity. Recent epidemiological studies showed that some micronutrients like Copper, Manganese, Zinc & Boron play an important role in bone health. Deficiency of the micronutrients is noticed in patients with osteoporosis.
Dosage & Administration
2 tablets per day, preferably 1 tablet in the morning and 1 tablet in the evening.
It has possible interaction with Calcium, Aluminium or Magnesium containing Antacids & other Calcium supplements, Calcitriol & other Vitamin D3 supplements; Digoxin, Tetracycline, Doxycycline, Minocycline or Oxytetracycline.
It is contraindicated in case of hypercalcaemia, hyperthyroidism, renal calculi & nephrolithiasis and Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome.
It is generally well tolerated. If there is experience like nausea, vomiting, stomach cramps, dry mouth, increased thirst, increased urination while taking, noticed to physicians. Side effects from micronutrient are rare.
Pregnancy & Lactation
This combination should be used as directed by physician during pregnancy or while breast-feeding.
Precautions & Warnings
If there is any pre-existing heart disease or kidney disease, precautions should be taken.
Symptoms of overdosage may include nausea and vomiting, severe drowsiness, dry mouth, loss of appetite, metallic taste, stomach cramps, diarrhea, headache & constipation.
Keep in a dry place away from light and heat. Keep out of the reach of children.